Hyperjase

Thanks, not too sure what I need to do though, here is the code I have:

<?php
foreach($_SESSION['notopping'] as $key => $value) {
$_SESSION['topping2'] = " $value x $key ";
echo $_SESSION['topping2'];
}
?>

My problem is, if I try adding the topping2 session, it only shows the last variable spat out by the foreach, how do I send everything that is done within the foreach?

Thanks,

Jason[/code]

Thanks - I have this which I was helped with here a few days ago, but I have a problem.  Within the array is a key and value, both of which I need to display.  With this code it only shows the value, they key isn't showing.

<?php
$last = array_pop($_SESSION['notopping']);	
$topping = implode(', ', $_SESSION['notopping']). ' & ' .$last;
echo $topping;
?>

Ah, didn't realize the key was also significant. The problem with your current foreach() loop is that you're overwriting the value of $_SESSION['topping2'] on each iteration, so that's why you end up with only the last value. So, change it to write the values to $_SESSION['topping2'][], and then use implode on that resulting array.

Right, I follow now but I can't get $_SESSION['topping2'][] to work - it says that it's not correct.  Which bit of code are you basing this on?  I tried different ways with both part of code I posted (I went for the foreach example as that's where you'd taken the session reference from.  Should this all be done with no foreach loop?

Thanks for your invaluable help!

Jason

Here's both (one I preferred using is commented out, as it added commas and ampersand, one that works is fine, just don't like output display!)

<?php
/* $last = array_pop($_SESSION['notopping']);	
$topping = implode(', ', $_SESSION['notopping']). ' & ' .$last;
echo $topping;
*/
$_SESSION['topping2'] = " $value x $key ";
echo $_SESSION['topping2'];
} 
?>

Thanks!

Jason

This should be what you're after, I believe.

<?php
$_SESSION['topping2'][] = " $value x $key "; // add each pair to a new array element
}
$list = implode( ', ', $_SESSION['topping2'] ); // $list now contains a comma separated string of the "key x value" pairs
echo $list;

Woohoo! Thanks - also made a slight modification using the other code, this now works exactly as I need it, also means I can input this straight to mysql!

Fantastic, thanks for solving 4 days working of sleepless nights and working days spent not concentrating on what I'm supposed to be doing!

<?php
$_SESSION['topping2'][] = " $value x $key "; // add each pair to a new array element
}
$last = array_pop($_SESSION['topping2']);
$list = implode( ', ', $_SESSION['topping2']). ' & ' .$last; // $list now contains a comma separated string of the "key x value" pairs
echo $list;
}

Thanks again!

Jason

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.