Multiple Pages (MySQL Too!)

jege

Hello.

I'm coding myself an small webpage, In the internet you can see that there is pages like index.php?id=223923 <- for example or index.php?=news.

So, I'm trying to create similar to that myself. I tried googling and searching youtube how to do this but didn't really find anything.

I figured it out that it needs some database etc.

I tried myself doing some table in my mysql db. And in the table some 'id, title, content' and in the id would be the url, (index.php?='id') the title would be the <title> </title> and the content would be all the code inside the webpage. I got no idea how to link these to an php or whatever it should be done :D So would anyone kindly tell me howto do this or give some link to an tutorial? :)

Hello.

I'm coding myself an small webpage, In the internet you can see that there is pages like index.php?id=223923 <- for example or index.php?=news.

So, I'm trying to create similar to that myself. I tried googling and searching youtube how to do this but didn't really find anything.

I figured it out that it needs some database etc.

I tried myself doing some table in my mysql db. And in the table some 'id, title, content' and in the id would be the url, (index.php?='id') the title would be the <title> </title> and the content would be all the code inside the webpage. I got no idea how to link these to an php or whatever it should be done :D So would anyone kindly tell me howto do this or give some link to an tutorial? :)

if you are storing html inside of your database, don't. To get started, you don't even need a database, whatever is after the ? in a url is called the query string, and contains values to be sent to that page and used with a server side coding language. You might want to start by viewing some basic tutorials on PHP. You can google for this or go to http://php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php which has quite a few good tuts on it.

Thanks for your help :)

I managed to do what I wanted with this:

if($_GET['site']=='news'){
require ('news.php');
}elseif($_GET['site']=='info'){
require ('info.php');
}elseif($_GET['site']=='location'){
require ('location.php');
}else{
       require('index.php');
}

I guess there is more ways to do this but this worked for me really easily :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.