Storing data

spearchilduser

Im making a application but many users can access it at the same time, also the data that needs to be stored into the database in 3 parts firstly the user will enter some details the comany will fill out the reamining details and the user will then accept or decline the companies proposal. The issue im havign will it be easier to just store all of this information into session variables and then save them into the database at the end when all of the details are ready ?

Thank You

Something like that yeah. It's hard to tell exactly what your doing but the process might be something like:

1) User fills in form and submits data.

2) A unique link (relating to the user submitted data) is emailed to company.

3) Company clicks link and fills in form.

4) A unique link is emailed to user (relating to the company submitted data)

5) User clicks link and accepts / rejects.

Obviously, you could replace the email part with some other form of messaging (maybe built into the site itself).

I can;t see how sessions can work for this either. Since the company need to respond, presumably at a later date and from different computers.

Probably best to store each stage as and when it happens and maybe add a field on each record with a flag for status - i.e. "awaiting company response", "awaiting user confirmation" so you can run a check to see the status of the record.

Im making a application but many users can access it at the same time, also the data that needs to be stored into the database in 3 parts firstly the user will enter some details the comany will fill out the reamining details and the user will then accept or decline the companies proposal. The issue im havign will it be easier to just store all of this information into session variables and then save them into the database at the end when all of the details are ready ?

Thank You

Yes. Just check if the variable is empty and if so then set it to be NULL. But make sure you use double quotes or it will end up being inserted as the literal 'null' rather than null (without quotes).

Ok i seem to be having difficulties  if i dont want to enter data into a field in a mysql table do i juts put NULL in the sql query ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.