Is there a way I could run a php script to check for pages indexed in Google?

Jeffro

Not sure if this is possible, but.. 

As most of you likely know, if a person searches Google, they can see how many webpages are indexed by using:  site:techcrunch.com

Is there any way that I could do this via a php script for 10 different sites and then have the results emailed to me on a daily basis? 

I'm not asking for a coded solution.. just an idea on how this might be achieved, if it could? 

Thanks. 

You can use google's search query api. But I'm pretty sure they have a max 64 results per query for their api's.

I think would have to make yourself a scraper to do it properly, and even then, they only display x amount of results and then by date.

While google may have no problem scraping your site continuously, they certainly will when you try and scrape them back.

Here's an idea.

Cycle through all your links, and for each link... check if the link exists at google or not through their search query api, save and tag the results into a database.

You can use google's search query api. But I'm pretty sure they have a max 64 results per query for their api's.

I think would have to make yourself a scraper to do it properly, and even then, they only display x amount of results and then by date.

While google may have no problem scraping your site continuously, they certainly will when you try and scrape them back.

Here's an idea.

Cycle through all your links, and for each link... check if the link exists at google or not through their search query api, save and tag the results into a database.

Thanks!  Seeing if I'm still indexed is actually the primary goal here so if I could accomplish what you said, it would serve the purpose perfectly.  I've never messed with Google's API before.. I'm off to check it out.... 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.