Trying to find a way to create a key system

proxikal

Well so far i've found myself in a hole on a few different methods, basically my system is sold with a key.

The issue i am having is, everyone that is purchasing the software uses free hosting, basically no PHP Curl allowed, and no file_get_contents with urls allowed.

Now, i thought i had it and i was happy for a day. until i moved it to a different server just to find Javascript was not my answer by getting content from an iframe

due to security issues its not allowed...yay..

So is there any other way i can get around this? i mean there are tons of scripts out there with key systems set,  so if the key is changed on the users site

or the website url is not the same as the installed url. then it blanks the website to text.

Everything works fine, the functions are 100% go. i just can't get content from a url if the hosts won't allow it. there needs to be some other way this has to be possible?

PHPCurl, is a no go, 80% free hosts block this.

file_get_contents won't work if you place url's in majority of the free webservers.

[stuck] :(

If you want their script to hit off yours and the host doesn't allow it, then you can't do it.

You could always go the other direction. Have a script that returns the key when you go to it and then use cURL on your end to go to that script. That's about as good as you're going to get.

Just remember that you will never be able to truly make a closed source PHP application. Anyone can just remove whatever attempt you make at doing so.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.