auto generating php pages in relation to AUTO_INCREMENT

nullpoint81

My question is basically this:

If I'm building a submission form - which places info into my DB via a mySQL query (INSERT INTO) - is there also a way to reference the id that it is creating?

The form is set to just dump raw data into a database - each submission enters data into at least 8 DB tables which are all tied together by an $id row in each table. My query references those $id rows in each table to build a query. After each query is completed, a unique url (which is stated by the submitter in the form of /example/someotherword/) is generated.

I need to find a way to place some sort of script within a page that displays the results based on each $id. So, lets say that the url is clicked, it would take you to a page that displays the results - but only does so based on the reference to that urls unique $id within the table.

I'll provide code once I get home, but if you guys have any ideas that would be great.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.