loading php file on another computer

gple

I am running php on one computer at work and want other users on other computers to access the index page by sharing it.after mapping the page, I see no data on the other machine. Does php, as pache need to beer installed on other computers footer it too work properly

Let me add something.

I am running php on one computer at work and want other users on other computers to access the index page by sharing it.after mapping the page, I see no data on the other machine.

It's correct behavior because of security reason. You may have some secret information inside you PHP page, for example login-password for access to DB. It's not a good idea to send it to another server.

Let me assume that you use Apache as web-server. You may say Apache to don't process PHP file but send them like a text. In such a case you may use your scripts at another servers. But you'll have a very big hole in your site's security. Also you are not able to use (process) script at a "root" server 'on one computer at work'.

Do you still like to let other servers to use you PHP files in the same way like your server do? :)

ok, if its correct behavior, how do i get around this. We have purposely created an internal mysql database and have built a website for security purposes. We want to share the index page to a couple of other users within the small business. Again, one computer has php, apache and mysql installed. the entire website was created on a local machine and is functioning properly. When I map to that folder from another machine and try to load the page, then I get zero data. I was thinking that I may have needed either apache or php installed on that second computer but I didnt see the code display on the webpage.

I'm a little unsure what you mean by "share" and "map" it. Are you trying to directly access the PHP file in a network folder?

You need to browse to the file in a web browser, with the server's IP or domain. Like http://1.2.3.4/script.php

If you only want to allow certain people from viewing it you could use Apache's mod_access for that. To do that you need to create an .htaccess file in the docroot of your server with this code:

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3

Change the IP's to the ones you want to view the website, separated by spaces.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.