vote.php noob needs help

babygurl

I get to errors below and cannot figure out what im doign wrong i've tryed diffrent ways and have even rewritten this couple times

(#1error) not sure how to re query and echo out the array??

(#2error) gives me error on line 14 if i echo anything past (echo $row['name']."|user1:". $row['user1']. "|user2:". $row['user2']. ->this

<?php

$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "");

if (!$conn) {
    echo "Unable to connect to DB: " . mysql_error();
}

if (!mysql_select_db("register_db")) {
    echo "Unable to select mydbname: " . mysql_error();
    exit;
}

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM register_vote WHERE name = '{$_POST['user']}'");

if (!$result) {
    echo "Could not successfully run query ($sql) from DB: " . mysql_error();
    exit;
}
    =========================(#1error)==========================================
//THIS IS THE CODE I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH
if (mysql_num_rows($result) == 0) {
mysql_query("INSERT INTO register_vote (name) VALUES ('$_POST[user]')");
//need it to the query new results after insert
//then
       //  echo $row['name']."|user1:". $row['user1']. "|user2:". $row['user2']. "|user3:". $row['user3'];

}================================================= (#2error)===================================
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
       echo $row['name']."|user1:". $row['user1']. "|user2:". $row['user2']. "|user3:". $row['user3'];
}                                  //when I put anything past $row['user2']. it gives me error on line 14
mysql_free_result($result);
?>

We don't know what your database schema looks like so this is just as guess, based on your insert.

It appears you have a table named register_vote that gets a row inserted to indicate a user voted.  If you want to then query this table and display all users:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * from register_vote");
if ($result) {
  while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) {
    echo "{$row['name']} Voted 
";
  }
} else {
  // query error
}

I get to errors below and cannot figure out what im doign wrong i've tryed diffrent ways and have even rewritten this couple times

(#1error) not sure how to re query and echo out the array??

(#2error) gives me error on line 14 if i echo anything past                                                  HERE

echo $row['name']."|gtop100:". $row['gtop100']. "|mcservers:". $row['mcservers']. !!!!ANTHING PAST THIS!!!"|xtremetop100:". $row['xtremetop100'];

ok let me explain the project better, this is a voting interface used for a game server. the interface.php contains values such as $_POST['user']

when the user logs in it goes to the vote.php and does this process( check if $_POST['user'] exist if not insert into register_vote, the sql auto genrates 3 values gtop100,mcserver,xtremetop and sets defualts @ false.

then it querys the register_vote for if $_POST['user']=username and echos out

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo $row['name']."|gtop100:". $row['gtop100']. "|mcservers:". $row['mcservers']. "|xtremetop100:". $row['xtremetop100'];

and and respnds to the interface.php with these values (test=username for the example)

test|gtop100:false|mcservers:false|xtremetop100:false

<?php

$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "");

if (!$conn) {
    echo "Unable to connect to DB: " . mysql_error();
}

if (!mysql_select_db("register_db")) {
    echo "Unable to select mydbname: " . mysql_error();
    exit;
}

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM register_vote WHERE name = '{$_POST['user']}'");

if (!$result) {
    echo "Could not successfully run query ($sql) from DB: " . mysql_error();
    exit;
}
    =========================(#1error)==========================================
//THIS IS THE CODE I'M HAVING ISSUES WITH
if (mysql_num_rows($result) == 0) {
mysql_query("INSERT INTO register_vote (name) VALUES ('$_POST[user]')");
//need it to the query new results after insert
//then
       //echo $row['name']."|gtop100:". $row['gtop100']. "|mcservers:". $row['mcservers']. "|xtremetop100:". $row['xtremetop100'];

}================================================= (#2error)===================================
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
       echo $row['name']."|gtop100:". $row['gtop100']. "|mcservers:". $row['mcservers'];
}                                  //when I put anything past $row['mcservers'] it gives me error on line 14 and then on page load it automatically send 
                                         this error Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\wamp blah blah line 14
mysql_free_result($result);
?>

error14.png

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.