Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: No ending delimiter '^' found in

crumpy1

Hi All,

I am trying to create a PHP code that will run a form, however i keep getting the error message

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: No ending delimiter '^' found in D:\xampp\htdocs\HFCC\Scripts\mailprocess.php on line 55

Invalid email address entered. Go Back and try again

attached is the complete copy of the code i am using, i have an email text box and label with the id 'email' also my method is POST and my action is Scripts/mailprocess.php.

Please let me know if you need any additional details. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

17404_.php

There was no need to post the entire file, we just needed line 55:

if(!preg_match("^[a-z0-9]+([_\\.-][a-z0-9]+)*" ."@"."([a-z0-9]+([\.-][a-z0-9]+)*)+"."\\.[a-z]{2,}"."$",$email)){

The problem is you're not including a delimiter before and after the pattern, therefore PHP is thinking that your delimiter is "^", but of course you're missing the closing delimiter. This is an easy problem to solve, just have a quick read about delimiters in the manual first.

Thank you for the quick response, i have only just started dabbling with PHP so i posted the whole code just in case, i will remember for next time. I have read the link you gave me but i really do not understand it. I do not start studing PHP until May so i am lost with all of it. Can you please tell me how to correct this code as i genuinly have no clue  :confused:

Can you please tell me also where or how i can link the thank you message to a webpage instead of just a plain text message. This is the code for the submission is

$thanks="<h1> We have received your message.</h1><br />

<p>We will deal with your enquiry as soon as possible</p> <p><ul><li>Go <a href='http://localhost/HFCC/index/'>Back</a> back to the Home Page/li></ul>"; // This is the message given after successfull submission of form.

i will create a new page for this but i am unsure on where to put the url (thats if it can be done at all through PHP).

Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.