Scratch Tickets

Monkuar

I need to use the rand function but how would I go about incorporating into let's say..

somone spends some (Forum gold) on my site, (you get these golds from posting)

Somone buys a Scratch Ticket and it will give them 1-200 forum Gold (random chance) how would I go about doing that with the rand function?

Also, could there be something I add like a % value that it will be less then 200 inside the 1-200 phase? Kinda confusing, but pretty much can I say 50% of users will get less then 50 Forum Gold from the 1-200FG Chance Ticket?

Pretty much adding a % modifier with the rand function so people don't get essentially "Free" forum gold, that there is a 20% of actually getting 100-200 AMOUNT, and 80% of actually getting less then 100?

Any idea?

i know how to code it with mysql/php I just need somone to lift me up right now and get a little boost of code/help to get me started and a explanation

So tired I forgot to paste in the code, apparently. :P

But anyhow, I had a flaw in it. This would give about a 50/50 shot at the ensuing 50/50 shot of getting 100+ points. Overall should be about a 25% probability of getting 100+.

$max = array_rand( array_flip(array(99,200)) );
$rand = mt_rand(1, $max);
echo $rand;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.