lottery system help

Monkuar

ok i have a lottery system very nice one

choose 36 balls/etc 3 numbers must be exaxt, odds of winning is like 1:45920 lol

prob is

for the lottery to countdown and select the  lottery, somone needs to be at the site to refresh the "DELETE FROM" query/etc/etc

how would I go about making it so after the time is run down, what if no1 is viewing the lottery page? then the new lottery wont run, i need something refresh that page every other 1hour, cron job?

My understanding is that you want to run a Query without anyone being at the site and at certain intervals.

You could cron to do this. What is basically can do for you is at certain intervals, it will run PHP functions automatically.

I don't know your exact code but if your server is managed with cPanel, I think cron is possible.

My understanding is that you want to run a Query without anyone being at the site and at certain intervals.

You could cron to do this. What is basically can do for you is at certain intervals, it will run PHP functions automatically.

I don't know your exact code but if your server is managed with cPanel, I think cron is possible.

how hard is it do with debian linux 64bit?

what i run

also

pikachu,  the script alrdy does that.. but sum1's needs to view the lottery page for it run lol !

what i run

also

pikachu,  the script alrdy does that.. but sum1's needs to view the lottery page for it run lol !

I'm not very familiar with Linux, but this article looks helpful.

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/56

Just know that .php files can be run with cron as well.

what i run

also

I'm not very familiar with Linux, but this article looks helpful.

http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/56

Just know that .php files can be run with cron as well.

thank u for this

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.