Can Some One Point Me in the Right Direction?

danny_woo

Hi guys,

I, not sure if this post belongs here as I have no idea what the cause of my problem is. However I'm hoping i can post the problems i have and one of you guys might be able to point me in the right direction as to where the problem is.

Anyway up until a few days ago i had a system set up using php and mysql for customers to login to there accounts, buy and sell items etc. Every time a client would buy or sell an item a conformation email would automatically be generated and sent out with all the correct info already saved in the email. This system would also save the buy or sell information and a system administrator could login and view this info.

The problem I have right now is that, none of this information is being saved any more, and the emails are not being generated. A client can do anything they want but no details are being saved.

This problem just came out of nowhere, one day its was working fine, as it has been for well over a year now and then BANG! Its not working any more.

Another strange thing is that I cant even seem to login into the administrator area on any other browser than firefox? I have really no idea why that is.

I would also like to add that I have made no changes to the php code or the sql data prior to this problem.

and lastly I think i should mention that this same system is on another completely different server, and the system has the exact same problem.

If anybody has any clues to this one, or point me in the right direction I would be most grateful, as it has me completely stumped.

Thank you very much in advance.   

Without seeing the code, I'm going to take a wild guess and say the code is written to depend on a certain setting in the php.ini file being on, and the service provider recently upgraded php versions, or otherwise changed the setting to off. I doubt it's strictly a database problem.

Thanks for your reply man,

I asked one of the hosting companies and they said the have recently updated there version on php and Apache in addition to this the system I'm working with was built by some one else a few years ago, so it most certainly was built using a older version of PHP. I'm am hoping that this may be the reason some things have started to stop working.

My friend is going to look into the code and see if he can update it for me, but how about you guys, does you agree that its a problem with old php script or could it be something else instead?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks guys.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.