PHP Includes and Jquery load() method - please help !!

Fjorko

Hi all.

My first post, I haved scoured the web for answers to this, have not come up with anything useful so far. I am also finding it hard to explain my problem well I suppose. None the less - here goes !

Im not a professional dev, nor do i claim to be. I have learnt everything I know about php and jquery from folks like yourselfs, youtube and various other online documentation.

I am unable to show you the live code as the website is internal unfortunately.

The "issue"

I am building a dashboard to monitor the status of Ms Exchange 2010 queues, Exchange backup status and AD replication.

I have an index.php file in the root folder. There are an img,css,js and lib folders. Then there is a folder called "X" for argument sake - this is the company folder and contains subfolders - one for each product, so there is a "exchange" folder and an "ad" folder

For exchange and ad folders, they both have their own css,js,img and lib subfolders and can be accessed independently from the main index.php file in the root, so they are complete websites in themselfs if you were to connect to the index.php of the "exchange" and "ad" subfolders?

What I am doing now is making the root index.php act as some sort of "summary" view for those "backend" web pages.

What I'm trying to accomplish is to enable a link on the root index.php file that will use Jquery's load() method to use ajax to load parts of the "exchange" and "ad" pages depending on whic link I clicked, so for example, if i were to click the "exchange" link it must load only the bit that shows me what the queues are doing. On the full backend page it will show the queues and also the backup status.

The problem is that this backend index.php on the exchange folder has some PHP includes defined in the index.php. The paths to these files are abviously already set.

My main issue is that as soon as I load the exchange index.php using ajax load(),  i lose all css and js functionality which makes the exchange page dynamic in the first place.

I just cannot figure out how to handle already existing css,js and php includes on the backend and load them with ajax on my front page without losing functionality.

I appologise in advance if this makes no sense at all, but I really need to wrap my head around this.

Thanks so much for your help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.