fopen says "Unable to access" yet file exists!

MaxG

I run a dev site locally on Windows and the real site on a hosting provider on LINUX. PHP5, XAMP, etc.

Locally my fopen works.

On the web server it throws an error: "Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Unable to access" filepath/name

The file exists on both servers; upper/lower case is correct; so are access rights.

I noticed the error only today; this was working for the last 7 months; the function serves a range of content-types; just tested XLS and it works.

Now I am stuck  :confused:

This line throws the error:

$handle = fopen($strPathFileName, 'rb');

$strPathFileName uses / only

Any pointers appreciated... thanks.

thanks!

I get FALSE

I have compared paths:

Unable to access /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/subdomains/www.name/httpdocs/resources/Music/MIDIs/Hermann/Hermann13.zip

... and actually echoing the $strPathFileName -- and they match.

What puzzles me is that XLS, PDF and MP3 files are served nicely by my code. Not so ZIP; yet the content-type = application/zip

I have just uploaded the table with the file details; just in case they are corrupt -- same problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.