<?php //start the table, and the row.
// Query member data from the database and ready it for display
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM products");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)){
$product = $row["product"];
$id =$row["id"];
$price =$row["price"];
?>

<option><input type="text" name="hiddenField2" class="hiddenField2" value="<?php echo $id; ?>" />
        <input type="text" name="hiddenField1" class="hiddenField1" value="<?php echo $price; ?>" /><?php echo $product; ?> </option>

<?php
                   // start a column
} ?>
</select>
<noscript>
<input type="submit" value="Go" id="Submit1" />
</noscript>

</form>

Kind of like is shown.......so that each option has an id.  then I need it to submit to this code:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
	$(".myform1").validate({
		debug: false,

submitHandler: function(form) {
			// do other stuff for a valid form
			$.post('process.php', $(".myform1").serialize(), function(data) {
				$("#price").load("index.php #price");$("#total").load("index.php #total");
			});
		}
	});
});
</script> 

Can anyone help?  I hope this makes sense????

I hope this makes sense????

No, it doesn't. You can't put "input" fields into the options of a select list. Besides,you are going about this entirely wrong. You should not put information such as price into a hidden field and use that in your processing logic. It is too easy for someone to modify those values. So, for example, a user could place an order for a product and submit the page such that the price value is $0.01.

Instead you should only need to pass the ID of the product. Then, when you process the form you can get the price (or any other information for the product) from your database. That way you are certain to be using the correct information.

So, based upon what you have above you would only want to query the name and id of the products (don't use * in your SELECT statements) and then use those two values for the value and label of the options.

they're saying to create a mysql db

have a table with products in it

id    | price  | description | whatever

432 | 34.00 |  trinket    | extra info..

and so your input would just be

<select name="buyit">

<option value="432">Trinket</option>

</select>

then before submitting your code, get the price from the database:

<?php
include('mysqlconnect.php');
$sql = 'GET * from table WHERE id ='. mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['buyit']);
?>

<script type="text/javascript">	$(document).ready(function(){		$(".myform1").validate({			debug: false,						submitHandler: function(form) {				// do other stuff for a valid form				$.post('process.php', $(".myform1").serialize(), function(data) {					$("#price").load("index.php #price");$("#total").load("index.php #total");				});			}		});	});	</script>  

you could make a separate include file with an array instead, and just update values in that. then include it, and have it's unique id match the id in the table

so in a separate file

<?php

$products = array (
'432'=>array('price'=>'5', 'description'=> 'more info...') ,
'433'=>array('price'=>'17', 'description'=> 'less info...')
);
?> 

or you could make the option value a serialized array, and then just unserialize it after it's been submitted

I know what they were saying.  I am just going to have to make a different submission page, which i was hoping not to do, but oh well.

Why do you need a separate submission page? The only thing you should be submitting is the ID. You should never include variables such as price as part of your submission since you already have that data in your database. The page that you submit to (i.e. the processing page) should take the product ID, query the DB for additional data that you need and then perform whatever processes you need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.