Need help to learn php... Need some info...

Sparkle24

Hello Guys...

I'm new to php & mySQL... I need help... Need something to know... Plz help me...

I'm using ubuntu 11.10, Aptana Studio 3, xampp 1.7.7.

Also i'm using windows 7, notepad++ & wamp.

When I visit "localhost" on my firefox. I saw a xampp or wamp welcome page. The name of the file is "index.php".

1. I need to know can I delete this file ? Bcoz i'm working on another file but it's the same file name.

2. When I upload my site on host like hostgator. How do i edit my live site? And preview it.

3. How do i store my post on database ? Like fb status update, blogger post or forum post

I wanna write a site that i can post something without using html <p></p>. The main problem when i need to post something then everytime I need to edit the source code. Example:<p>some text here</p>.

I don't wanna edit source everytime.

Another Ques: Is Aptana Studio and notepad++ enough to write a site or I need another tool ?

Any book suggestion ?

Plz guys help me i'm new to php & mySQL..

Very often when building your own cms people use things like this - http://www.tinymce.com/ to provide a wysyywig environment that updates the html code.

You just need to code that into your site. But all of this is a big ask if you are very new to php so check out some open source cms packages.

A very easy one i have used is concrete5 . Soooo easy to create a new theme and templates.

I need this particular Ques's answare.

Coz i know html, css & javascript.

I wanna write a site like that i said before.

So can u tell me which part of php or mySQL need for do that..?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.