User Generated Pages

digi duck

Hi.

I have a rating site where users fill in a name of what they are rating, comments about it and a rating and submit it to my database. I then have another page which shows all of these entries but only the name and overall rating using php.

What I want is for users to click on the name and it take them to a separate page which displays all the comments and ratings for that item. As users can add items to rate I cant set up a page for each manually so was wondering how to do it dynamically. Everything i throw into google leads me in the wrong direction though. If someone could point me to a good tutorial or give me an idea about what to search id be very grateful.

Cheers.

have a separate table that just holds the created types, yours and theirs. the entry there would correspond to an id field in your original table.

read the new table in, foreach type make a link, etc. when they add a type just add it to the new table.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.