Open a new broswer window using a header

Shadowing

I got it to work with using java script. I needed to use java script anyways cause I wanted to control the size of the window as well.

I know this isnt php related. but i dont want users refreshing the new window that opens. right now i have it set to redirect the page if they try to refresh it. But id like the window to close instead. Also how do people select the name of the window at the very top of the broswer? instead of showing the link

function openWin()
{
myWindow=window.open('evaluate.php','','width=220,height=150,location=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');
myWindow.focus();
}

newwindow.jpg

If you are using javascript, why not use a pop up (div) populated via AJAX.  Then you would have no worry about page refresh, and you can easily close it at any time via javascript and the div id.  As far as the

Also how do people select the name of the window at the very top of the broswer? instead of showing the link
.  You should have a title element in the head of the document. If it is missing, the browser shows the link instead.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.