way to post without a form?

Angeleyezz

In my invoice system im trying to carry information from 1 page to another, witch i have been successful with, now I am trying to alter table rows on my data tables I need to send the same account number and invoice number, how can i achieve this without putting the account number and invoice number inside a form element?

yeah thats not going to work, im going to change the entire way im trying to do the invoice editing, prob just going to make it 1 line at a time, like go to edit invoice, have the invoice come up with links that go to edit row, then just have the row there and insert just the 1 record.  and carry the account number and invoice numbers through the form within a input type text with readonly=readlonly on it

I hope you are aware that ALL POST (and GET) data can be tampered with by the client. It doesn't matter if it is in hidden fields, readonly fields, or disabled fields. It all has to be sent by the browser and can therefore be modified first.

If you don't want the ID to be in a form element, you could try making it apart of the form action. So instead of action="process.php" you would have action="process.php?id=24"

i know, but im not worried about security, this system isnt being resold or anything, its for my own landscaping & tree service business.  Its strictly going to be on an offline wamp server in my home office, specifically for billing.  anyone who wants to mess with it is going to get shot at  =)

I wasnt aware you could include an id like that in the processing link, good to know.  im still a real php noob but i've made progress writing this program, i learned a hell of a lot about the syntax, and how things work, even got most of the math working correctly.

big step up from last time i tried to learn php and failed lol.

no thats what i did in the first place, but i posted this before i thought of locking out the field, i didnt want whoever was doing the billing to slip up and hit the wrong button and screwup the account number or invoice number as they are being carried from another page.   

the way i designed the program is searchable by name, then everything else is just click, no need to enter account numbers or invoice numbers, it all comes up automatically by throwing around the account number and invoice numbers as primary keys for the entire program.

i also made the search searchable by telephone number, zipcode, and email, so i can ensure to get the right person, the only problem is the issues i was having eariler where i think you tried to help me with for the case sensativity on the search.  i still cant get it working right, but i giveup, im a local landscaping company operating mostly out of 4 counties, and i do tree service accross the state, so its not like im going to have to deal with a whole national database of clients, whoever is working in the office can type Rodgers instead of rodgers =) 

unless theres some way to put all the entires in as lowercase, then when i call them use strupper or something like that to capatilize the first letter. i dont know much about that syntax, i need to readup on it.  maybe that can work actually now that i'm thinking about it .

yeah hidden, i didnt think of that.  but the problem im having now is i cant seem to write a script that will allow me to automatically select the current record thats selected and print it in the drop down box, i've tried a bunch of different combinations, and its not working right.  the most i could get it to do is loop the data then the selected with be the first entry on the loop instead of the specific entry.

example is the location table.  i put on the invoice and estimate etc,  LOCATION then its a drop down for specific locations.  front-left, front-right, rear-left, rear-right, etc  that all stores right from the drop down box, however when i go to edit it, it will loop all the records for that paticular invoice, but it will put in each form the location of the first entry, not the specific entry.  i tried a few different techniques, they all failed so i kinda gave up and i think im going to make it editable only 1 row at a time  so ill have the invoice then a button on the side that says "edit" and it will take you to a screen to edit that specific row.    gotta figure out how to do that too, because there could be multiples of the same sku on 1 invoice however the location and price will be different.  so it might just pull 1 specific record, unless i structured the query to grab the price_each field and match it and insert over that....... lemme try that later today and see what it does.  I have a few more things i guess i can try before i officially ask for help lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.