Check cookie after a callback

trizocy

Hello there

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem

See

I running a site where people can log in, and everytime they log in, a cookie is set, based on their username.

so when a user complete a offer, my website send a link to a Network. (example: www.Network.com/offer=9384736)

When the Network has receive the link with the offer (offer=9384736) , then they will do a postback call to my website.

Example my site is www.mywebsite.com/PB.php/offer=9384736

Then my postback script will get the offer and check for the cookie when a postback call is made from the network to my script.

So what i want is when someone giving me a postback call, a script will check for the cookie ( the user who have complete a offer)

I was just think just to put this in echo $_COOKIE["user"];, but that dident work, because it was the network who called my postback.

So have anyone any idea how i can do this?

Would really appericate if someone could help me out

Thanks!

I'm not sure why you want to give an external site access to your user's cookies. That doesn't seem right.

You should be giving user information server side so it is more reliable. Then you'll probably want to output some JSON or XML or something for the external site to scrape and get the necessary information.

Hey scootstah

Thanks for answering and trying to help me ;)

See when a user complete a task on my site, it will send a link to a network i am in.

Lets say the link my site send is this: www.google.com/offer=73637/status=1

And when my network approval the link, my site send, it will call back and send the link to my postback

But the bad thing is that it miss the user

The link should be like this: www.google.com/offer=74637/status=1/user=scootstah

But the network dont support the user

So they said you could easliy do this with cookie and let the cookie check after they have send back the link to my site

The network would only scrape offer and status info :/

If you got any other ideas what i can do, please tell.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.