Should I set a floodlimit in a file or database

3raser

Sorry if I'm wording this in a way it's hard to understand.

I'm going to update the users table and set the lastpost field using microseconds when they make a new post/topic. When they go to make a new post/topic, I need to compare their lastpost to the flood limit time using some simple subtraction. Where should I store the time interval (flood limit time)? A file or database.

I would store that in a database with the rest of your config options.

I don't see any need to store a user lastpost time in the users table, you should be able to get this information from your *posts* table.

The lastpost field in the users table seems like it would be faster, seeing as I'd have to extract their last post time from the threads and posts table. I'm also going to make a "time since last post" feature in the future.

And thanks, I'll be using a database. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.