Set Default DATE.

Andy11548

How do I set the date format so that it's always going by the UTC date?

I've used:

date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

but, when I change my date on my computer, the date changes on the website.

This is really confusing me, googled different ways for like 10/20 minutes and can't find anything.

If anyone can help it'd be great,

Thanks,

Andy.

well, i'm really not sure since I haven't used localhost to test a site in a while.

Your computer acts as the server, so perhaps it's just grabbing the time from it.

I am sure someone else will chime in with a solution.

But really, if this is localhost, it shouldn't be a huge deal. This problem will most likely not occur on a live server.

Alright, thanks for the help anyways.

The Time is working, if I change the time on my computer, it still shows the time as GMT (Europe/London), however, if I change the date it just echos the date set to my Computer, not the GMT date.

If that gives you any more information, great.

If not, thanks for the help anyways.

I'm asking one question. The timezone sets the time to GMT, but doesn't affect the date, even if I change it through my PC.

I do believe that there is a way that you can subtract a certain number of days that may be useful if your computer was to stay at the same time consistently. If the date was changed again, you may need to modify the script

I'm asking one question. The timezone sets the time to GMT, but doesn't affect the date, even if I change it through my PC.

I do believe that there is a way that you can subtract a certain number of days that may be useful if your computer was to stay at the same time consistently. If the date was changed again, you may need to modify the script

No, I want it so that it goes by GMT all the time, no matter what I do to the date on my computer. This website has it done, I need to know how to do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.