Site migration, problems with white pages for login/out on new host

lad33

Hi,

Having completed a site migration this am everything went well aside from issues with logging into and out of our site where two files are used and appear as white pages.

When logging into our site, proc_login.php is used and when logging out proc_logout.php is used.

Both processes result in a white "blank" page instead of the php files forwarding on.

I've no idea about php generally and have been trying my best to find useful and similar information online to attempt to resolve the problem.  I am now stuck.

The site works perfectly on my local web server, and what is really baffling me is the site also works perfectly on Domain B on the exact same server I'm trying to get the site running under as Domain A.  In other words as both Domain A & B are configured on the same host server I'm thinking all the inherited php/apache/mysql settings should be identical (or pretty much thereabouts) and therefore am more confused than ever!  :-\

I simply don't know where to start therefore in resolving this problem.  I've tried looking in the error log file and have also played around with turning on error enabling on those specific php files to try and follow any errors, however the "errors" generated are no different than the ones present on sites where the login/logout process works just fine.

I've hopefully attached both files and if anyone could assist in helping me narrow down my search for a solution I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

17749_.php

17750_.php

I tried a phpinfo() comparison between the hosted site and my local site, but as I'm not familiar with php environments I'd no idea which of the many differences would even be a factor when I compared the two.  Is there anything specific that I should be looking at in the phpinfo() results?  Even the layout of the pages results differ from the two sites so there's obviously two very different environments to compare.

As for a comparison between the two domain on the hosted server.  I cannot think how I can do that as Domain B is now parked and redirects to Domain A so as not to mess with SEO and search engine rankings etc.

In cPanel within each domain however I have compared the PHP Configuration page and as to be expected they are identical as the domains share the same host settings.

I know for a fact everything worked fine in Domain B originally as initially the pages errored until I discovered how to turn off error handling at the site level and then login/logout worked fine.

Both domains have almost exactly the same file/folder structure (the difference being a php file for the database connections that differs and a php file that declares the site's paths) and the database was replicated over too.

initially the pages errored until I discovered how to turn off error handling at the site level and then login/logout worked fine.

That was never a good idea. The code should have been fixed, not silenced.

I would make sure you have error reporting on and writing to a log on the new host, you'll then want to check this log to see if you can find out what the issue is.

That was never a good idea. The code should have been fixed, not silenced.

I couldn't agree more.  Unfortunately the circumstances and "advice" given at the time of migration required the action.  It seems to me that the "CMS" solution that is running the site is incomplete and various pages are missing in our "install" that the previous host/developer decided to hide and gloss over.

Anyway...ok, I'm going to have a fresh look at this again today.  Start from scratch with the logs and see if I can discover anything.

Starting with this "PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by....." error I keep seeing  (this however cropped up in the logs on the site that login/logout worked fine on).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.