[help] hiding website.com/admin control panel php?

bryanmc1988

well i have a problem... i have a website running and anyone can get to the admin control panel login page by going to "mywebsite.com/admin" how can i hide this or change it so that they cant get to it unless they know it...?

problem 2... when u visit my website... its shows in the url the path of the file for example... "mywebsite.com/register.php" when on the register page or like "mywebsite.com/sells.php" if on the sells page... how can i hide it so that only my website name is showing and not the path of the file?

1. Password protect the admin page, or maybe move it to a folder that isn't as easily accessible with the name "admin"

2. What's wrong with showing the file name? You could mod_rewrite, or a dynamic index page, so it would be website.com/sells or website.com/index.php?p=sells respectively

well i have a problem... i have a website running and anyone can get to the admin control panel login page by going to "mywebsite.com/admin" how can i hide this or change it so that they cant get to it unless they know it...?

If it requires a login, what is the issue?

problem 2... when u visit my website... its shows in the url the path of the file for example... "mywebsite.com/register.php" when on the register page or like "mywebsite.com/sells.php" if on the sells page... how can i hide it so that only my website name is showing and not the path of the file?

This isn't really a good idea as this would not be SEO friendly for crawling etc.

Typically people hide the extension of the page to:

1. Add an extra layer of security

2. To create "Pretty URLS".

To do the above, look into .htaccess and mod_rewrite

what should i look for inside the .htaccess and mod_rewrite? and what should i change in side them? yes i want the url to look pretty like a girl ... but honestly no just so its more clean looking lol

so i looked inside the .htaccess and all i can see is

"RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*),(.*)$ $2.php?rewrite_params=$1&page_url=$2"

and there is no mod_rewrite file anywhere

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.