{
name.style.display = "block";
}

function hideLayer(name)
{
name.style.display = "none";
}
</script>

Example click <span onclick="showLayer(thisone)" style="cursor:hand"><b>here</b></span><br>
<div id="thisone" style="position: top:100; left:10; absolute;display:none;">
Some text or other stuff
<br>
<a href="#null" style="cursor:hand" style="text-decoration:none;" onclick="hideLayer(thisone)">[ hide ]
</a>
</div>
<p>

Example click <span onclick="showLayer(sone)" style="cursor:hand"><b>here</b></span><br>
<div id="sone" style="position: absolute; display:none;">Some text or other stuff
<br><a href="#null" style="cursor:hand" style="text-decoration:none;" onclick="hideLayer(sone)">[ hide ]</a>
</div>
<p>

How can i make auto hide and open section by clicking another hidden ???

IE: i have this script above running 4 times on the page ,

menu1 - menu2 - menu3 - menu4

if i click menu1 it shows menu1 text , then if i click menu2 it will hide menu1 and show menu2.

at the moment the script will leave any open menus showing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We are a help form, but the code you posted is what I gave you in answer to a different problem you had. If you don't try to add the code you need to get things working the way you want; you are not asking for help, but for someone to do your work.

dude i pasted this code (that you gave me) as it was on the other page , i have edited it and my version is different just this way was fastest and showed the least details making solving the issue easier.

i didnt mean to offend you as i obviously did mate and for that i do apologies. untill 2weeks ago i didnt know nothing about java , i can do html,php,MySQL and untill now thats all ive used. now im toying with new stuff and just wanted a simple answer , sorry for not knowing what you guys know but trust me , i AM trying ;)

• 2 weeks later...

First off, there's no Java in there. it's Javascript. Totally different.

Secondly, i don't think you are passing the object right from the onclick handler. I have not done "pure" javascript in awhile, but from what I recall, you can't simply pass the object by id as you have done in hideLayer(thisone).

I would suggest trying onclick="hideLayer('thisone')" and in your function, do a document.getElementById("thisone").style.display = "none";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.