HELP w/ ARRAYS

lastgame2007

Hi i'am try to insert multiple data on a single submit, but i'm a total noob to Arrays, can any one help me out here... one of the members send me this out, but still i can figure it out how to insert the fields onto my database. it inserts but doesnt get the valuee.. Please help!

if(isset($_POST['save']))

{

unset($_POST['save']);

$i = count($_POST['id']); $x = 0;

for($x=0; $x <$i;$x++){

foreach($_POST as $data =>$d){

echo $data.'-'.$d[$x].'<br/>';

$insert = mysql_query("insert into tbl_grades");

//sql statement here (example): insert into table name (value of $data) values( value of$d[$x]) --

can anyone help me with this , how can i query to get the value of  this,

//HOW DO I MAKE MY SQL QUERY TO SAVE THIS OUT, I KNOW THIS IS MY PROBLEM IN THE QUERY....

here's my HTML

<input name="id[]" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $row['id'];?>" />

1st<input name="fg[]" type="text" id="fg[]" size="1" value="<?php  $g_sub['sub_id'];?>"/>

2nd<input name="sg[]" type="text" id="sg[]" size="1" value="<?php  $g_sub['sub_id'];?>"/>

3rd<input name="tg[]" type="text" id="tg[]" size="1" value="<?php  $g_sub['sub_id'];?>"/>

4th <input name="forg[]" type="text" id="forg[]" size="1" value="<?php  $g_sub['sub_id'];?>"/> ---- sub_id stands for subject id

Please post the output of the query SHOW CREATE TABLE tbl_grades; You can run this in any MySQL client (such as the mysql CLI tool, phpMyAdmin, Workbench, etc).

Also, I'm a little confused with your HTML markup. You have 5 checkboxes with different names yet you are using the array syntax in the name.

What exactly are you trying to do?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.