Formating text within image

ivoilic

So basically I have text which appears on an image.

$ability = "$title gets ability";
//Create Ability
imagettfbbox(30, 0, $font, $ability);
imagettftext($image, 30, 0, 70, 700, $fontcolor, $font,   stripslashes($ability));

But the line of text is longer than the width of the area on the image it needs to fit in.

How can I change this so it automatically starts a new line once it reaches the end of said area?

This link will show you how to wrap text on an image http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php

Look at the example from John Conde (about the 4th one down).

Keep in mind you will need to do some experimenting beforehand to determine what font-sizes and character lengths will work best with different size images. Perhaps set up a SWITCH statement that accounts for those issues.

Found a bit of code that solved my problem:

// get the quote and word wrap it
$quote = wordwrap($quotes[$pos],20);

Im unsure what the 20 is actually the value of.  Also it seems if you put in one line of text without spaces this method fails to work!

HELP!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.