Updating field

gavin.sibley

Hey,

im trying to fix a line of code that should update a field in the database when filled in. The code i think handles this is below.

<input type="text" id="uuser_address" name="uuser_address" value="<?php echo("$slide[address]"); ?>"><br /><input type="text" id="uuser_town" name="uuser_town" value="<?php echo("$slide[town]"); ?>"><br /><input type="text" id="uuser_county" name="uuser_county" value="<?php echo("$slide[county]"); ?>"><br /><input type="text" id="uuser_postcode" name="uuser_postcode" value="<?php echo("$slide[postcode]"); ?>"></div>

can anyone tell me why this is updating all the address fields other than the postcode?

thanks,

gavin

ok, you've said that the code is updating all the fields in your database, but have not given the code which could feasibly do this.  It will be in your script as "UPDATE ****............................WHERE................"

Also, if you wrap your code in tags which are @[@code@] "code here" [@/code@]@ (remove the @ signs).

Once you've got the tags in place, put linebreaks in to make it easier to read, you may even spot a few errors youself.

eg

<input type="text" id="uuser_address" name="uuser_address" value="<?php echo("$slide[address]"); ?>">
<br />
<input type="text" id="uuser_town" name="uuser_town" value="<?php echo("$slide[town]"); ?>">
<br />
<input type="text" id="uuser_county" name="uuser_county" value="<?php echo("$slide[county]"); ?>">
<br />
<input type="text" id="uuser_postcode" name="uuser_postcode" value="<?php echo("$slide[postcode]"); ?>">
</div>

(wasn't that much more of a please to read!! lol)

i think i have found it!

i found this in a different php script.

$query = mysql_query("UPDATE `temp_users` SET `book_stage` = '1', `title` = '$title',  `fname` = '$fname',  `lname` = '$lname',  `address` = '$address',  `town` = '$town',  `county` = '$county',  `postcode` = '$postcode',  `telephone` = '$telephone',  `email` = '$email',  `venue_name` = '$venue_name',  `venue_county` = '$venue_county',  `start_time` = '$start_time',  `end_time` = '$end_time',  `special_instructions` = '$special_instructions', `password` = '$password', `time_total` = '$time_total', `hrs` = '$hrs', `added_stamp` = '$timeme' WHERE `id` = '$temp[id]'");

hope this is the one!

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.