Simple confirmation email...

lazerbrains

I have been looking everywhere, and can't find a simple example of scripting a confirmation email. Basically, I have a form that is submitting to a database. But when the user submits the form successfully (I already have the validation in place), it sends their submitted email address a confirmation email.

Currently the form submits, fills in fields in a database, and sends the user to a static thank you page. At this time I would like to send them the email. How can this be done somewhat simply?

This is what I use...

It comes after the INSERT (assuming you're using mysql)...

$message =

"Thank you for registeringr blah blah. Here are the login details...\n\n

User Name: $_POST[user] \n

Password: $_POST[pass2] \n

Thank you. This is an automated response. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

";

mail($_POST['email'] , "Activation", $message,"From: \"Auto-Response\" <notifications@$host>\r\nX-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());

echo "<div class=\"error\"><h2>Registration Successful! <small>An activation has been sent to your email address with account details...</small></h2></div>";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.