PHP Edit

mcmuney

I'm using php edit function to edit an php file online. I think the portion that writing the file is below. My issue is that wherever there's a quote ("), it's automatically adding a slash (\). For example, if I had class="abc", it changes to class=\"abc\". How do I fix this?

<?php

$file = $_GET['f'];
$script = $_POST['script'];
      if($file&&$script) {
      $fp=fopen($file, "w");
      fwrite($fp,$script);
      fclose($fp);
   }
?>

Your server likely has "magic quotes" enabled. Which is a bad thing. If you can you should turn that feature off in the web server. If you don't have that ability (e.g. you're on a shared server) you can remove the slashes at run time.

Look at this page for more info: http://php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.disabling.php

There is a sample script in example #2 that you can use. Just call it on any page that receives user input.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.