Array/Session problem

hartyz

I am trying to send some arrays to another page using sessions. The first array I send works fine when I simply print the array on the next page but the second and third arrays are not being created.

Code

<?php

require("dbconn.php");
				$query = mysql_query("SELECT username, idcustomers FROM customers
				WHERE username='$customeruser' ");

if (!$query) {
					die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());}

$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);	
				echo $row['username'];
				$id=$row['idcustomers']; 
				echo $id;

$productquery = mysql_query("SELECT productid, price1, price2, price3, price1_type, price2_type, price3_type, prod_name, price_det FROM  product_pricing
				WHERE idcustomers='" . mysql_real_escape_string($id) . "' ORDER BY productid");

if (!$productquery) {
					die('Invalid query: ' . mysql_error());}

$counter = 1;
				$itemcode_array = array();
			while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($productquery)) {

?>
			<tr class="ordertable">
			<td class="table_item" name="itemcode<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['productid']; ?></td><?php $itemcode_send = $row['productid']; array_push($itemcode_array, $itemcode_send); ?>
			<td class="table_name" name="prodname<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['prod_name']; ?></td><?php $prod_name_send = $row['prod_name']; array_push($prodname_array, $prod_name_send); ?>
			<td class="table_pdet" name="prod_det<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['price_det']; ?></td><?php $price_det_send = $row['price_det']; array_push($pricedet_array, $price_det_send); ?>
			<td class="table_price" name="price1<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['price1_type']; ?> $<?php echo $row['price1']; ?></td>
			<td class="table_quant" name="quant1"><input type="text" name="quant1<?php echo $counter;?>" size="4" /></td>
			<td class="table_price" name="price2<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['price2_type']; ?> $<?php echo $row['price2']; ?></td>
			<td class="table_quant" name="quant2"><input type="text" name="quant2<?php echo $counter;?>" size="4" /></td>
			<td class="table_price" name="price3<?php echo $counter;?>"><?php echo $row['price3_type']; ?> $<?php echo $row['price3']; ?></td>
			<td class="table_quant" name="quant3"><input type="text" name="quant2<?php echo $counter;?>" size="4" /></td>
			<td class="table_note" name="notes"><input type="text" name="note<?php echo $counter;?>" size="28" /></td>
			</tr>

<?php
				($counter++);
				} ?>
			<?php mysql_close($dbConn); ?>

</table> 
		<p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Confirm" /> <input type="reset" /></p>
				</form>

<?php print_r($prodname_array);

$_SESSION["itemcode"] = $itemcode_array;
		 $_SESSION["prodname"] = $prodname_array;
		 $_SESSION["pricedet"] = $pricedet_array; ?>

There is some redundant and error testing code in there.

The problem is $prodname_array; and $pricedet_array; are not being created even though $itemcode_array which is created the same way works fine. All values from the database are being displayed correctly  (eg $row['prod_name'];).

Session setting needs to be done before output or ANYTHING is sent to browser, eg. <html> etc.  Restructure page.

Not true, you only need to start the session before sending headers. You can set session data after headers have been sent.

Arrays need to be declared before you can push values onto them.

You define the first array $itemcode_array = array(); but not the other two.

I cant believe I missed that, thank you and sorry for wasting your time.

Arrays need to be declared before you can push values onto them.

You define the first array $itemcode_array = array(); but not the other two.

I cant believe I missed that, thank you and sorry for wasting your time.

Not a problem, glad it's sorted.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.