postcodeanywhere lookup on PHP 5.3.10

pcs_dmw

Firstly hello - I've not posted on here before! :)

I'm after a bit of advice if possible - I recently upgraded to a new server with RHEL6 and PHP 5.3.10 from a previous server with RHEL4 and PHP 5.2.17.

I have some postcode lookup software running that functioned perfectly on our old server, but seems to cause a server 500 error with the updated version of PHP. I cannot downgrade to PHP 5.2.17 so I need to fix the issue or workaround it. A snippet of the code is as follows:

$data = simplexml_load_string(file_get_contents($url));

foreach ($data->Rows->children() as $row)
{

I have narrowed down the cause of the failure to "children()" - it seems that anything with the curly brackets causes the code to die?

As you may guess I'm not a guru with PHP - I just know enough to get by. What do I need to do to get this working?

Many thanks in advance.

Danny

Most likely your call to file_get_contents() has failed due to the fact that url wrappers are not enabled. Calling $data->Rows->children() would then fail because Rows is not an object.

Of course you failed to mention what the errors you are receiving are so that is simply a guess.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.