Form POST help

NLT

Ok so I've got trouble with a form I'm creating, I've got this:

<form id="login" name="login" action="URL"

method="post">

and then Input fields like:

<input tabindex="3" type="text" class="login-field" name="acc.username" id="login-username"

value="" maxlength="48"/>

Now, if I go and submit that, and on the "URL" page I've had it echo $_POST['acc.username'] but it doesn't echo anything. I think it may be a problem with the form itself.. although I can't see one.

The code I got for URL:

<?PHP 
include('global.php');

if(isset($_POST['acc.username'])) 
{
echo "lol";
}
else
{
echo mysql_error();
}
?>

your form action is not set to post, it is set to URL which I have never even seen, pretty sure that's not valid. post and get are valid. (get is the ones in the url, post are hidden).

That's what I get for skimming. Plus the method was on the next line. :) thanks for correcting this.

I forgot to mention - URL was a URL to a valid link  ;)

Anyways, I just removed the .'s and now they work.

Now I've come across another error checking if it has been submitted with isset().

Part of the form for submit:

<input type="submit" name="loginbuttonnlol" value="Login" />

Then in the URL link I've got this:

if (isset($_POST['loginbuttonnlol'])){ echo "lolol logged in"; } else { echo "lolno.jpg"; } 

But when I click "Login" it displays "lolno.jpg" as if it isn't been submitted.

EDIT: URL == mywebsite.com/login.php ;)

I don't know if this would help.. but..

<input type="submit" value="Login" class="login-top-button" name="loginbuttonnlol" id="login-submit-button"/>

That's my login button and it's in the <form> element.

I've got it working now, but only if I click Enter rather than clicking the "Login" button which I find very weird.

EDIT: Actually, it always seemed it was that.. but why won't the submit button work?

I'm curious what browser/OS are you using? Someone said something on another thread about the submit button not always being processed into POST, I am curious if this related. I have never heard of that before.

I'm curious what browser/OS are you using? Someone said something on another thread about the submit button not always being processed into POST, I am curious if this related. I have never heard of that before.

Windows 7.

Google Chrome.

Although, I do have this code also for the Login button, I don't know if it may be causing it but..

<a href="lol.php" tabindex="5" id="login-submit-new-button"><span>Login</span></a>

I don't get why you have a link and a button.

Apparently in IE <8, if you hit enter instead of clicking the button it does not post the button. Check if one of your other values is submitted instead of the button.

1. I would check if those two fields are submitted.

2. Yes you can add a hidden input.

3. you add a class and id to a button the same way you do to an <a>.

I just added a hidden field and now it works fine.

Thank you for your help though, much appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.