Project

amalesev

So I am working on a project in which I am taking pictures from an SSH area, running ImageMagick on the picture to crop out what I want and then use the threshold to make it like I want, and then finally run Tesseract OCR on the final picture. I have a new picture coming in to the spot I am taking the pictures from every six seconds and I need the program to run the commands to do all of this every six seconds as the pictures come in forever basically. As of right now, here is my code that I have. I am relatively new to using PHP scripting working for the command line in Ubuntu. So if anyone could help me with some fixes to this code, I would be greatly appreciative.

<?php
function tesseract($image)
{
define($ocmd, `ssh *place i am taking from*`);
fwrite("<pre>$ocmd</pre>");
define("$pic1", "`convert $image -crop 1000x170+350+785 -negate -threshold 42000 $image.tif`");//This is a 1920x1080 hd image
define("$pic2", "`convert $image -crop 600x95+200+550 -negate -threshold 41000 $image.tif`");//This is a 1280x720 hd image
define("$pic3", "`convert $image -crop 650x100+75+550 -negate -threshold 43000 $image.tif`");//This is a 960x720 hd image
define("$pic4", "`convert $image -crop 500x62+175+410 -black-threshold 53% $image.tif`");//This is a 960x540 hd image
define("$cmd2", "`tesseract $image.tif $image.txt`");//command to take the words of the edited image
list($width, $height) = ImageCreateFromJPEG(filename);
define("$area", "($width*$height)");
if ($area == 1920*1080)
{
$line = $pic1;
}
elseif ($area == 1280*720)
{
$line = $pic2;
}
elseif ($area == 960*720)
{
$line = $pic3;
}	
elseif ($area == 960*540)
{
$line = $pic4;
}
else
	{
	$line = "Please try a picture of another size.";
	}
echo("<pre>$line</pre>");
if ($line != "Please try a picture of another size.")
{
echo"<pre>$cmd2</pre>";
}
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.