PHP and XML Question

Sleeper

Hello. I'm trying to pull information out of an xml file. However I'm a bit lost in getting the actual value.

$url="http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getimages&artist=Dr%20Feelgood&limit=1&autocorrect=1&api_key=c107c9b5c09cb5693b6c19409dd984c1";

$xml = simpleXML_load_file($url,"SimpleXMLElement",LIBXML_NOCDATA); 

$largesquare=$xml->images->sizes->size[2];

Is what I have but its not pulling the information. The above url will give you the link to a set xml file for this example. And I want to get the info for the

<size name="largesquare" width="126" height="126">http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126s/43173899.jpg</size>

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong that's a simple fix but I am lost here. In the sizes there are 6 different size options each with different names and I have no idea how to pull the one with the correct name that I need.

Thank you to who ever can help me sort this out.

Well if it was me id do

<?php
$url = 'url_of_xml_file';
$xml = simpleXML_load_file($url);
//if you want to get multiple xml elements use a foreach loop...
foreach($xml->element_name as $value) {
    echo $value;
}
//if you only want the first element do...
echo $xml->element_name;
?>

I guess I don't see your coding working so I'm not doing something right or I'm not explaining correctly. I just want the value for

size name="largesquare"

You can copy and paist the url to see the actual xml file so you can see how there are many different size option and I want the one that is named largesquare and I don't know how to pull just that info.

if you want the value inside the element use

<?php
$url = 'http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=artist.getimages&artist=Dr%20Feelgood&limit=1&autocorrect=1&api_key=c107c9b5c09cb5693b6c19409dd984c1';
$xml = simplexml_load_file($url);
echo $xml->images->image->sizes->size[2];
?>

I think this is what you want.

I think it didnt work for you bacause you missed out image after images when getting the data.

took me ages to code this for you haha.

I think the xml is considerd "Messy".

Hope that helps!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.