Detect if logged in for one user??

ffxpwns

In the site I am making, the client wants one account for everyone (don't ask me why, it's a long, silly reason)  And I'm wondering how I would configure mySQL to deal with that (I asked this in the mySQL area) and in PHP (For you guys :D) what would I need to put in order for this to work.  I'm very new with PHP and mySQL, so please forgive the nooby question. 

*EDIT* the admins have their own username and psw for adding, deleting, and editing articles.  and that works.  But all users that register will have this set user and psw displayed to them.  I want to make it so they have to log in to see an article.

1) Not sure why you need an account if you want *everyone* to access it.

2) If *everyone* means a specific list of users, you can create one user and share the username/password with all :)

3) if you want different passwords for all users, you can make the username as non - unique, make it static and allow users to create different passwords for each. You can keep a unique user id for username/password combination so you can track activity of each user.

1) Not sure why you need an account if you want *everyone* to access it.

2) If *everyone* means a specific list of users, you can create one user and share the username/password with all :)

3) if you want different passwords for all users, you can make the username as non - unique, make it static and allow users to create different passwords for each. You can keep a unique user id for username/password combination so you can track activity of each user.

I don't know why he wants it.  But I should've clarified, I want the admins to have their own (and they do) then every user has the same USN and PSW if they register. then I just need a script to not display the articles if they aren't logged in. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.