caching info

Monkuar

let's say I have 100,000 users on my forum

i want to cache there PROFILE INFO (About me) in .php files

which is easy/etc but would that be more space than 100k rows in a db table, or 100k .php files?

just wondering,

prob a stupid question but

atm I cache some lottery info and some other stuff, but that's only 1 .php

it would be dumb to cache info and have 100k .php's for each user ID right?

or maybe story it all in 1 .php? would be a HUGE Filesize? :P rather just keep the data in MYSQL right?

You don't need to cache something that isn't accessed. The general idea of caching is that when it is requested, you store it in a cache. Subsequent requests will pull from the cache until it expires, in which case it will be re-cached.

If nobody ever visits Jane Doe's profile, it will never be cached. Only those that are accessed will be cached.

Though if you are caching to the disk to avoid a few queries then you probably won't see any real benefit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.