remove odd datas from array

charles07

guys plz help,

i have an array(52,51,52)

here i want to insert first & last elements into DB, not  second one does not follows the series

another array (52,52,53)

in this case insert first 2 elements into DB since last element does not follow the series.

how is this possible?

version > PHP 5.3
$array = array_filter($array, function($var) { return !($var % 2); });
version < PHP5.3
$array = array_filter($array, create_function('$var', 'return !($var % 2);'));

Unless you mean odd one out as opposed to odd number? I just assumed not because in sequence 52, 51 the next would be 50 but you stated you wanted first and last (both 52)

without fully understanding the context of the data you are trying to process and what a 'series' is.

What i got from your question is that you need anything/number that is 52 to be processed, anything else to be left out.

The first reply was a great way to do so unless in the future you had an even number such as 56 in your array that you didnt want to process/add when you only wanted the 52 'series'.

<?php
$seriesNum = 52; //could be whatever number you want to add, can also be retrieved from a data source somewhere else rather than hardcoded
$array = array(52,53,52,56,65,234,45,52); //array with odd and even numbers
foreach( $array as $key => $value ) {
if( $value != $seriesNum ) { //set the test to your series number, a modulus operator would return even numbers that aren't 52 series in your ex. 
	unset($array[$key]);
} 
}
$array = array_values($array); //this line re-indexes the returned array starting from 0 array (optional, not needed for your question) 
print_r( $array );

?>

Hope this helped along with the other's replies!

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.