Multiple inputs and submits in a form

groundnuts

I generated a table from the database, and at the end of each row there are two submits, one for save and another for delete. The values are generated as either text and select box input.

Right now, I have all the submits named differently (ends a number), so I can loop through all available submits based on the number to check which row needs to be updated, and to retrieve the values during form processing, then only perform the query.  I have also hidden input in each row to send the "primary key" that is used during query.

Is there a better approach than to have so many different names for the buttons, not having to loop through all of them each time, and still keep a similar layout? I'm trying to avoid anything else than PHP.

The table looks something like:

col1____| col2_______| col3____|__________________

txt input | select input  | txt input |save bttn | delete bttn

txt input | select input  | txt input |save bttn | delete bttn

You seem to be making it much more complicated. I *think* you are trying to do all of this with one form. Since you have multiple submits, each with the relevant inputs, you should be using multiple forms. And each form would just have fields with the exact same names. That way your forms are more organized and your processing script is simpler as well

Seeing your current page structure would help to be able to provide some sample code

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.