Create id point in url from form input

amelio

Hi, I have a page with a long list of names (c1000) each with an id.

On that page I would like to have a form into which i put the id number, when the form is submitted it will take me to the anchor point for that id. The question I have is, how, when i press submit and reload the page, how can I then have that form input as a anchor in the url that will then take me to the place I want to go on the list when the page loads.

I can do it manually no problem by adding the hash tag and id to the url myselft it takes me there but It's a pain to do this every time. I would like to use a form.

Is this possible? any help appreciated.

Thanks

Building upon what requinix posted, put this at the top of the page that lists the records

if(isset($_POST['id']))
{
    header("Location: /path/to/thispage.php#{$_POST['id']}");
    exit;
}

If you load the page without the post value it will display without moving to an anchor. However, if you do post a value for the ID, then the page immediately reloads the page with the appropriate anchor tag in the URL.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.