Adding images to an existing php cart

lostnvegas

Hey everyone. I know I've posted on here before regarding this but it continues to be a thorn in my side and I haven't been able to get back to anyone because of ailing health. Now I'm at a brick wall, totally out of ideas and knowledge of how to proceed and it's holding me up going on 3 months now.  I have a site where I want to offer a few things for sale and have successfully initiated a cart after learning a little php. The problem now (and I blame lack of planning and basic stupidity...not necessarily in that order) I find a need to add a small picture to each of the items. If someone could take a moment and look at the cart I have set up and give me some idea as to how to implement this I would so be grateful. I have read that storing images on a database is not the best move so I have been trying to "call" the url from the database with no luck. I'm sorry to be a bother but I really REALLY appreciate anyone who can take a moment to help me. Thanks guys, you're the best!

here is the url to the add/cart page http://www.theblack44s.com/z/index.php

and i am attaching the cart.php file as well as posting the code here.

<?php

session_start();

$page = 'index.php';

mysql_connect("**************************","#######", "##########") or die("Couldn't connect");
mysql_select_db('b44cart') or die(mysql_error());

//add to cart function
if (isset($_GET['add'])) {
                                        $quantity = mysql_query('SELECT id, quantity, imageurl FROM apparel WHERE id='.mysql_real_escape_string((int)$_GET['add']));
                                        while ($quantity_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($quantity)) {
                                                if ($quantity_row['quantity']!=$_SESSION['cart_'.(int)$_GET['add']]) {
                                                        $_SESSION['cart_'.(int)$_GET['add']]+='1';

}
                                                                                                }
                                          header('Location: '.$page);        
                                        }

//remove from cart
if (isset($_GET['remove'])) {
        $_SESSION['cart_'.(int)$_GET['remove']]--;
}

//delete from cart
if (isset($_GET['delete'])) {
        $_SESSION['cart_'.(int)$_GET['delete']]='0';

}

// products
function products() {
        $get = mysql_query('SELECT id, name, item_number, description, price, shipping FROM apparel WHERE quantity > 0 ORDER BY id DESC');
        if (mysql_num_rows($get)==0) {
                        echo "There are no products to display!";
        }
        else {
                while ($get_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($get)) {
                        echo $get_row['name'].'<br />';
                                                echo $get_row['item_number'].'<br />';
                                                echo $get_row['description'].'<br />';
                                                echo 'Price: '.number_format($get_row['price'], 2).'<br />';
                                                echo 'Shipping: '.number_format($get_row['shipping'], 2).'<br />';
                                                echo '<a href="cart.php?add='.$get_row['id'].'">Add to cart</a></p>';

}
        }

}

//paypal function
function paypal_items() {
        $num = 0;
        foreach($_SESSION as $name => $value) {
                if ($value!=0) {
                        if (substr($name, 0, 5)=='cart_') {
                                $id = substr($name, 5, strlen($name)-5);
                                $get = mysql_query('SELECT id, name, item_number, price, shipping FROM apparel WHERE id='.mysql_real_escape_string((int)$id));
                                        $num++;
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="item_number_'.$num.'" value="'.$id.'">';
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="item_name_'.$num.'" value="'.$get_row['name'].'">';
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="amount_'.$num.'" value="'.$get_row['price'].'">';
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="shipping_'.$num.'" value="'.$get_row['shipping'].'">';
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="shipping2_'.$num.'" value="'.$get_row['shipping'].'">';
                                        echo '<input type="hidden" name="quantity_'.$num.'" value="'.$value.'">';
                                }
                        }

}

}
}

//cart function
function cart() {
        foreach($_SESSION as $name => $value) {
                if ($value>0) {
                  if (substr($name, 0, 5)=='cart_') {
                          $id = substr($name, 5, (strlen($name)-5)); 
                        $get = mysql_query('SELECT id, name, price, imageurl FROM apparel WHERE id='.mysql_real_escape_string((int)$id));
                                $sub = $get_row['price']*$value;
                                echo $get_row['name'].' x '.$value.' @ $'.number_format($get_row['price'], 2).' = $'.number_format($sub, 2).' <a href="cart.php?remove='.$id.'">[-]</a> <a href="cart.php?add='.$id.'">[+]</a> <a href="cart.php?delete='.$id.'">[delete]</a><br />';             

}
                        }
                        $total += $sub;        
                }        
        }

//cart totals and paypal function
        if ($total==0) {
                echo "Your cart is empty.";
        }
        else {

echo '<p><b>Total: $ '.number_format($total, 2).'</b></p>';
                                ?>
                                <p>
                <form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" target="_blank" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
                <input type="hidden" name="upload" value="1">
                <input type="hidden" name="business" value="webmaster@theblack44s.com">
                <?php paypal_items(); ?>
                <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
                <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="<?php echo $total; ?>">
                <input type="image" src="http://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but03.gif" target="_blank" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
                </form>
                </p>
               <?php
        }
}

?>

18127_.php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.