Simple question about ob_start

bugzy

I have just uploaded my 1st website project in my online server and the 1st error that I got is something like "Header ouput buffer" error. I have research on how to solve it and and I read that ob_start() will solve it.

I have use it on the file that I'm having problem with and it instantly solve the problem.

My question is...

Is it always always ok to use it? I mean will it cause a slow page load or any conflicting errors that I might encounter in the future?

another thing is...

do I always need to end it? like put this end code "ob_end_flush(); " at the end of the line or it isn't necessary anymore?

There is a sticky for this at the top of this forum. http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=37442.0

And no, this is not what output buffering is for. This is but a quick band-aid, but it is not a solution.

You need to move your presentation logic out of your business/application logic.

I actually read that sticky but it is locked so I can't post my question there.

To my questions.. I just need the pros and cons of using it..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.