a simple way to just reload a current page.

Tokae

I have an html table that is being populated with links from a specific directory..

I would like the user to be able to click the link and if its a file they will download the file. If its a directory, I woudl like to reload the current page but this time show the contents of the directory.

My main issue is that I have a session variable called 'workingdirectory' that I need to update before I reload the page. I have tried setting it and then calling Location('page.php') but I get the 'cannot change header information' error. I realized I was getting this because I had begun to call HTML code before the PHP was finished. Is there a way to just simply update the session variable, and then make the page reload when the user clicks on a link?

Thank you,

That does the job! I was hoping to use a session though so the directories were not listed in URL. Is there a way to just reload the page after setting a session variable? I am just drawing a blank and admittedly not the best with php yet :(

I had my conditional line calling a function if a directory was found:

<a href=" <?php ChangeFolder($file) ?>"> directory name here</a>

<?php

function ChangeFolder($file)
{
      $_SESSION['workingfolder'] = $_SESSION['workingfolder']."/".$file;

*** refresh page or reload page here***
}

?>

I just cant for the life of me figure out the simple way to reload the page :/

Once again thank you though for your solution..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.