1 username login for both website and forum

Gromit

Hi guys, <----- new to this forum and coding for that matter! :P

I have a question. I have been asking around and reading up about how to make a forum with my current tools (dreamweaver/mysql/mysqlyog) for my website, and 90% of the time the answer i get is "if your asking the question, dont bother..... use mybb or some other premade forum" Which is fine, i dont mind! But know i have an issue. To get access to my website you are requierd to login before you can do anything, after login your able to use the whole site. But now if i use one of these ready made forums such as mybb or whatever users are required to make ANOTHER registration and login aswell! and me no likes this! :P

So my question is, is there a way to make it so the forum runs off the same login used for my website?

TIA

Gromit

Yes it's possible to do this.

You will need to either study the design structure of the database and create your own code or use a mod made by the forum systems community to do this.

90% of the time there is a mod to do exactly what you need already made.

I know for a fact mybb, vbulletin, ipb and php have a mod to handle such things.

For whatever forum system you are using, you'll need to ask on their forums. This really isn't a php help question.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.