PHP GD2 Gif Issue

I have a script that saves a full size and a cropped version that is re-sized to 200x200. The full size saves just fine the cropped and re-sized version is all messed up.

Example:

issue.png

Here is the cropped and re-size code:

$new_cropped_image_resource = imagecreatetruecolor(200, 200);
      switch($photo["ext"]){

case "gif":
	      $cropped_image = imagecreatefromgif($processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
	    break;

case "jpg":
	      $cropped_image = imagecreatefromjpeg($processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
	    break;

case "png":
	      $cropped_image = imagecreatefrompng($processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
	    break;

}
      list($cropped_width, $cropped_height) = getimagesize($processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
      imagecopyresampled($new_cropped_image_resource,$cropped_image,0,0,0,0,200,200,$cropped_width,$cropped_height);
      switch($photo["ext"]){

case "gif":
	      imagegif($new_cropped_image_resource, $processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
	    break;

case "jpg":
	      imagejpeg($new_cropped_image_resource, $processing_image_temp_name_cropped, 100);
	    break;

case "png":
	      imagepng($new_cropped_image_resource, $processing_image_temp_name_cropped);
	    break;

}

Any ideas? I'm stuck :/

Thanks for any help :)

-Shane

So I decided to test and see if another gif would work. It did!!!

The first gif I made in paint, just a normal image. it failed when cropped and looked as shown in that photo.

The other 3 tests were random images i made in paint again the same way just this time they were all different sizes and colors and worked just fine. Weird that one photo just refused to re-size w/o issue.

Any ideas why?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.