Really simple i guess...

eddioot

Hi all,

i think i am making a really stupid mistake but i have a problem with my php function that i do not get.

My function is:

function user_level($userlevel){

if($userlevel = 0){
	$level = test;
}
elseif($userlevel >= 1){
	$level = test1;
}

return $level;
}

In the cases i tried it on the userlevel is way higher than 1, but nothing returns when i echo the function.

Whenever i change the >=  to = and the exact number, it works fine. So the following does work:

elseif($userlevel = 767){
	$level = test1;
}

Am i doing something really stupid here? :P

= is the assignment operator. You want the conditional of ==

function user_level($userlevel){
if($userlevel == 0){
	$level = "test";
}
elseif($userlevel >= 1){
	$level = "test1";
}

return $level;
}

Hi premiso,

thanks for your repsonse.

My problem seems to be that the bigger than does not work. So >= is not resolving.

When i use = it does resolve..

I need to create the function so i can return levels when the value is between 1 - 10 and another level when it is between 11 - 20 and so on.

My problem seems to be that the bigger than does not work. So >= is not resolving.

When i use = it does resolve..

Did you even try what I suggested? Your problem is that the first if statement, $userlevel = 0  will always be true because it is being assigned properly. If you set it to $userlevel == 0  it will resolve to false, as that is the CONDITIONAL operator and not the ASSIGNMENT operator and it will then go into the elseif.

If you want help I suggest trying what people suggest and reading into it, instead of assuming that they did not post anything helpful.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.