PHP shopping cart

kevwood

Hey all not been on here for a few years, been out of work.  i am back and throwing ,myself straight into the deep end.

Is it hard to integrate a shopping cart into a website.  Any good example snippets of code to look at?  I have a little search but someone always seems to know a better one.  Why are almost all tutorials these days you have to pay for (times are getting hard ).

I always wanted to create a shopping cart for my website, however, i lost enthusiasm when I've seen amazing shopping carts from other websites. You click on a product, and you get small animations, showing you they've been added to your cart, and so on. I am a noobie, and this is too much for me.

i dont really care for the animation i just need functional ha ha.  i am building a web site which i am going to be selling from.

i have built content management systems and an email distribution system so tackling something like this does not worry me to much.  my problem is i have not even looked at php for about 18 months i just need a point in the right direction.

I know i am going to have to create user session each time a person logs on to the site via a registered user id.  then a new table will be created in the customer db to hold all items they want to purchase.  i want to then link this into a merchant pay pal account.

the things i would like to know is the best way to enter the data in to the table or is there no set way to do this. then i think the paypal side will be the next stage once i have it working how i like it. 

Yes, probably you will  have to save each product ID as a new Cookie.

If you don't want many Cookies, jut update same Cookie, and then, explode the Cookie when the buyer is done shopping.

It is easy, I would rather build my own Shopping cart than download a ready one, but that is me!

then a new table will be created in the customer db to hold all items they want to purchase.

I think you mean a new row in the orders table? No point in creating a new table for each customer. Look through these forums, these questions have been asked plenty.

Example:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=359091.msg1697657#msg1697657

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=359225.msg1698394#msg1698394

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.