Script to auto update my site

Exoon

Hello,

Ive got a fairly successful website and im looking at cloning it, I want to set up a cron to check the main site if there are any new posts and if there are insert it into the DB.

Ive got them on 2 separate hosts so i don't want to just read from the DB increase the main site goes down and brings the whole 2nd site down.

What would be the easiest way to do it? Not looking for people to give code, Just their suggestions.

Cheers

Hi,

I didn't really describe it well in the first post, Basically i have 2 identical tables, I want to copy all the data from one table on one server over to the other server but i dont want to get duplicates, So i basically want to run a cron to automatically copy all the new posts from DB 1 and put it into DB 2 which are on different servers.

Cheers.

I got that much, but what is going on beyond what you've described? Does the cloned table need to look exactly the same as the "master" table, or you do only want to import information from it? Could the two tables every look different in the slightest?

Oh, and are they on the same database server?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.