Help with strtotime

Hobbyist_PHPer

Hi, I have a bit of an issue with my application, I didn't notice until today, Sunday... Apparently PHP sees Sunday as the first day of the week, which I cannot fathom where it got hat notion from... but anyway, so I have the following samples of my code:

$mondayoflastweek = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('monday last week'));
    $sundayoflastweek = date('Y-m-d 23:59:59', strtotime('sunday last week'));

The crazy and very troublesome thing about the results of that code is that if you run that today, Sunday, it shows today as last week... So therefore, the next bit of code is just as problematic:

$mondayofthisweek = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', strtotime('monday this week'));
    $sundayofthisweek = date('Y-m-d 23:59:59', strtotime('sunday this week'));

As you can imagine, for payroll, this is causing a big problem... My week starts at precisely 12:00 am on Monday and ends at precisely 11:59 pm on Sunday...

Could someone please help me out with this...

This has nothing to do with what the first day of the week is...

I just ran your code and got this:

string '2012-05-14 00:00:00' (length=19)            // Last Monday

string '2012-05-20 23:59:59' (length=19)            // Last Sunday

What results do you get today, Monday, 21 May?

If you had run it on a Sunday, I think he's saying the wrong sunday comes up.

You could probably determine what day of the week it is using date('l') (in which 0=sunday), then determine from that how many seconds to subtract from the current time to get the last week Sunday/Monday or whatever day. Not saying this is better, just what I would try next if the "last week" isn't working.

If you had run it on a Sunday, I think he's saying the wrong sunday comes up.

You could probably determine what day of the week it is using date('l') (in which 0=sunday), then determine from that how many seconds to subtract from the current time to get the last week Sunday/Monday or whatever day. Not saying this is better, just what I would try next if the "last week" isn't working.

Thank you, that may be just what I have to do...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.