Creating a Static HTML page from a MySQL Database and Using PHP

thara

I have created a web web site to display some teacher's profile. Every profile page generate with more dynamic information from database. In my home page I have listed every teachers' profile from database with a link to his complete profile. Eg. index.php?teacherId=21. Now I need to convert from my dynamic pages to basic static HTML pages to get some benefits for my website. Number one is get search engine higher rank to my profile pages. further I need to rename html page with teacher's name. As well as my website has a searching option. It help for users to search teacher profile according to their subjects, grades, town, city, etc. So Can I know, it is possible to create such a searching system to my web site after I made my php page to basic HTML pages...

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much..

yes... I need to convert my dynamically generated URL to friendly html ULR

actually it is something like this.....

Eg: profile/teachers/index.php?teaId=21 to

profile/teachers/vivek obroi.html

Can I convert my php URL like that??? If its not possible.. is there any solution??

As long as all your teachers have unique names then sure. Otherwise you'll have to incorporate something unique into the URL (such as an ID number like in what I posted).

"URL rewriting". Search around for those terms, there's plenty of material out there to learn what it is and how to use it. Note that you'll have to write a PHP script which accepts the teacher's name instead of their ID number, like

profile/teachers/index.php?teaName=vivek%20obroi

Then you can use URL rewriting to convert profile/teachers/vivek%20obroi.html to that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.